Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The "Better Late Than Never" Post

I am still here. Just recovering from a busy few weeks. We had a wonderful Christmas with family and were fortunate enough to be able to celebrate not one, not two, but three times! That may have contributed to making the weeks felt like were never going to end.

We started our holidays with Mike's parents visiting the weekend before Christmas. All I can say is that the Little People by Fisher Price are too cute. She received the fairy tree house. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of her actually playing with it--all of the shots were taken from behind.



We made the decision earlier in the year that we would spend Christmas morning at home, just the three of us. We woke up to snow! For the first time in 17 years, Nashville had snow for Christmas! Despite the disheveled hair, Anna Claire woke up with a smile on her face.


Olivia by Ian Falconer is one of her favorites and I couldn't resist getting her the Olivia doll.


The crayons and coloring books had to be the hit. When she opened up the package she said, "Oh My Goodness."


Mike wanted to make something special for her, so he built her this child's table. There are 4 chairs that go with it. It is a perfect size for her and for her room and will be nice to have for her to sit and color, draw and play with play dough!


We traveled to Ohio to visit my family 2 days after Christmas. Anna Claire came back a cowgirl! Isn't she the cutest thing? She loves the boots and asks to wear them when she goes outside!



It was a wonderful few weeks. For a few days before school started back up I was able to convince my husband to take a break. This is hard for him to do honestly because he just stays busy. He had been working nonstop on this bookshelf for my parents for Christmas. Isn't it gorgeous? I finally convinced him after we returned from Ohio to rest--which he did for a day before he was back at it again!


In pregnancy news....everything is going great. I've had insomnia for several weeks so I am exhausted but hopefully the little pill I got from my doctor will help relieve that :) We went to the doctor yesterday for my 15 week appointment and heard the heartbeat. 165. That's high. Girl? I think so. Mike is convinced that it is. We go back the end of the month to find out for sure!

3 comments:

Smelling Coffee said...

Anna Claire is absolutely beautiful! So glad you had a special Christmas... and so proud of the awesome woodwork Mike can do. Blessings to you, friend~
Jennifer

Kristen said...

OK... how did I miss that you were pregnant? I am tickled "pink" :)
Congratulations...

Loved the pics of Anna Claire! The messy hair was too cute!

Mike is a fantastic carpenter! WOW!

Happy New Year!

Missy said...

Luke's heart rate was 160-170. I thought he was a girl, obviously not- a VERY hyperactive BOY!