1 8oz. package sliced fresh mushrooms
2 T. butter, melted
6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup Marsala
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 green onions, chopped
1. Cook mushrooms in 2 T. butter until tender. Remove and set aside.
2. Cut each chicken breast in half, lengthwise, flatten using a rolling pin or meat mallet to 1/8 inch thickness.
3. Dredge chicken pieces in flour. Cook chicken, in batches in 1-2 T. butter over medium heat, 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Place chicken in a 9x13 , lightly greased baking dish, overlapping the edges. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and butter. Reserve pan drippings in skillet. Cover chicken with mushrooms.
4. Add wine and broth to skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken. Combine cheeses and green onions; sprinkle over chicken.
5. Bake, uncovered at 450 for 12-14 minutes or until cheese melts.
I served this with a side of steamed green beans and pasta.