Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Birthday (early)

This weekend, we celebrated a bit early for Anna Claire's 1st birthday! It was such a special night as friends and family packed into our house and garage (thanks to some heaters) for some chili and cupcakes. I never thought planning and pulling off a birthday party for a 1 year old would be so exhausting, but it was all worth it to see the purple icing on my sweet girl's face.



She was a bit timid at the first bite but as soon as she realized that is good, she couldn't get enough!


She is her daddy's girl--she received a purple ball glove, a chair for the ball field and a bat and ball.


She received girlie presents too...


My mom handmade this Waldorf doll for Anna Claire and she came complete with a wardrobe and sleeping sack.


As I look towards Wednesday, her actual birthday, I am continually thankful to the Lord for her first year of life and for entrusting us with this beautiful little girl.

10 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

she is so pretty...

I love her little bib!

sandy toe

Donna said...

Oh, how fun! Everything looked beautiful, Sarah!
Happy 1st Birthday, Anna Claire!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

What precious photo's Sarah!!

What a blessing children truly are. :-)

Julie said...

What an adorable birthday party!! The cupcakes are so cute!

Carry Grace said...

Everything turned out so pretty! Those cupcakes look delicious. Happy Birthday Anna Claire.

Amy said...

beautiful pictures, and beautiful little girl! happy birthday, Anna Claire...and happy birth day, mama :) someone told me on Elijah's first birthday that they fully believed the MOM should be celebrated on a child's birthday...on this side of motherhood I totally agree :)

p.s. I'm enjoying the increase in blog posts! it's fun to get little snapshot glimpses of your life.

Shannon said...

What a fun party! Everything was so pretty! She is adorable!

Smelling Coffee said...

She is so beautiful!!! I loved seeing the pictures, and am still kicking myself for the mix up...

I'm so thankful that the Lord has given you Anna Claire and know that He has wonderful plans for all of you through her sweet life.

Love to you, Sarah...
Jennifer

Amber said...

Your cupcakes turned out so cute! Her Birthday Girl shirt was precious too. It looks like you had such a fun celebration! Sweet memories.

Lauren Parker said...

Cute, cute!! I've loved looking through your blog the last couple days.
Mom said I should leave you a link to mine:
http://thenotyetmarriedlife.blogspot.com/