Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summertime Memories

My mind was flooded with memories of my childhood this past weekend. Summertime memories to be exact...running through the sprinkler, eating corn from my grandfather's garden, the feel of clean, cool sheets for an afternoon nap after you have been in the pool all day and on and on.

We visited with a friend who lives out in the country this weekend. Anna Claire was a bit restless, given the fact she that she hadn't had any naps that day and it was boiling hot. To bring some relief, a tub was filled with water straight out of the hose and a tin cup was offered as a toy.


These are the memories that I hope she can unwrap years from now.


8 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Ah. The simplest things leave us with the best memories.

linda said...

The best summer fun has to do with cool water.
She is a cutie.

Kristen said...

Some of the childhood pictures I cherish most are pictures of me playing in a dish washing tub on my grandmother's porch. Thanks for bringing back such fun memories.

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Oh my word...how adorable! Looks like it did the job!

Unknown said...

So sweet, brings memories of my childhood with grandparents back as well. She's such a pretty peaches and cream baby girl!

Cat said...

This is my first time on your blog and I love it! Love your pictures. Beautiful family, too. Just wanted to say hi! :)
~cat (iblogmoore.blogspot.com)

KelliRa said...

Love the sweetness of connecting with through the new experiences of your daughter. The shoes (ha!), the relief of cool water on a hot summer day...and such wonderful photos :0)

KelliRa said...

Love the sweetness of connecting with through the new experiences of your daughter. The shoes (ha!), the relief of cool water on a hot summer day...and such wonderful photos :0)