Friday, February 11, 2011

the 2 year old

We couldn't have asked for a better day than yesterday. We got more snow, so Mike ended up being home for the day; which was a treat for this birthday girl! 


Because I don't have enough patience to wait until later in the day for her open her presents, we went ahead and did them after breakfast. A T-Ball set for Daddy's girl. She loves anything that has to do with balls. 


We are working on the backwards bat technique. If you look closely, she is using her Disney princess bat to hit with. She might be becoming a bit of a tomboy, but she'll look pretty!


Her Aunt, Uncle and cousins know her well. An Elmo card arrived in the mail!


I finished her cake around lunch time and I would catch her wandering into the kitchen and climbing up on the chairs to look at it.



We enjoyed a nice dinner, I think we ate faster than we ever had, just so we could dig into the cake!



The partying has just begun...over the course of the next month we will see extended family so the birthday celebrations will continue!

5 comments:

Cat said...

oh my goodness! everthing is precious! your baby girl, the CAKE (oh my word, the cake!), the cake stand. and i just have to say....how are your floors SO spotless? ;) I mean, no dust what-so-ever!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Oh cuteness!!! What a perfect day all the way around..including having Daddy home for the day.

I LOVE...LOVE...LOVE..the cake you made...and the t-ball set...perfect for a little girl.

:-)

The Provincial Homemaker said...

Gorgeous photos and the cake looks smashing. I love the bunting idea too.

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

I had to stop back and ask you a question.

I've been admiring your beautiful white cake stand...tell me, where oh where did you find it??

Becky said...

I'm with Kim -- PLEASE share where you purchased your cake stand? My daughter will turn 1 in August (I know, loooooong time away), but I'm thinking about the party already!