Monday, May 2, 2011

This Little Prayer of Mine by Anthony DeStefano


It is never to early to teach your child about the importance of prayer so I was excited when I received this book. A brother and sister share their emotions, fears, joys and sorrows throughout this book as they learn how to pray and what to pray for. In addition to prayer the story teaches how to be grateful for the things that we receive every day and reiterates the message that the most important thing is to trust in the Lord and his plan for our lives.

This is one of the sweetest books on prayer for children that I have come across. The beautiful illustrations only add to the story and beauty of the book.

I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah Press to review as part of their blogging for books program.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh... I think I will purchase this for my newest Great Niece and Great Nephew that will be making their arrival later in the summer! You are so right... it's never too early to teach the wee one's the importance of prayer! Hope you are doing well... It's been forever since I wrote a blog post and it feels good to be back!