Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our Little Firecrackers

We had a great 4th of July--every year our church puts on a fireworks show for the community and this year was the first time we were in town to be able to attend. It was also the first time that Anna Claire has been old enough to sit still and watch. We were a bit nervous because she doesn't like super loud noises, but once she realized the fireworks were colorful, she really enjoyed the show. Molly didn't seem to mind at all considering she fell asleep half way through it.


The countdown has begun for this coming weekend to get here. In the 12 years I have lived in Nashville, there has never been a time when my entire family has been here all at once. This weekend, my parents, my sister, her husband, my niece and nephews will make their way down here to spend the week.

My niece, Jessica, is headed to Australia for school and fortunately, for us, the less expensive flights were out of Nashville, so we are all gathering here to spend time together before she leaves.  I am beyond excited! Plus, Molly's "Papa" and cousins have yet to meet her, so she is just as excited.

2 comments:

Frankie said...

I know how excited you all must be. Have an absolutely wonderful time! And, if my card doesn't reach you in time, have a very Happy Birthday.
We love you guys so very much.

The Provincial Homemaker said...

WHat a gorgeous photo of your two girls together. Lovely too that you can all gather together. I hope that your neice has a nice time over here.