My sister, Christy, tagged me! I just love a good tag! Especially one that is for Christmas!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate, but it has to be accompanied by a piece of peanut butter bread.
2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
It depends on who I am talking to about this and how old they are. I don't want to be the person that "lets the cat out of the bag."
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white?
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Up until 2 years ago, there wasn't a reason to because there wasn't anybody to kiss! I think it would drive Mike crazy having it hanging in our house!
5.When do you put your decorations up?
The week after Thanksgiving. But in my mind they are up the beginning of October.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Party Ryes. It is a family recipe. There isn't one Christmas memory that doesn't include them!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Being with my grandparents, Nana and Pa. They have both passed away. I wish my husband and children would have been able to spend just one Christmas with them.
8.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I got up in the middle of the night when I was 4 or 5 and I walked in on my dad putting a gift under the tree. He was like a deer caught in the headlights!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No, but it is so tempting....
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Every ornament has a memory. For this year, we were able to find one when we went to Chicago for vacation. My favorite one is a quilted heart my mom made in memory of my daughters.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
I love it...another benefit of being married to a teacher. When schools close, he is off of work!
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes. I took lessons when I was younger.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I received a Strawberry Shortcake doll from "Santa" the year that I caught my dad in front of the Christmas tree. I still have it.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you?
Being with family and making memories.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Buckeyes and all of the other cookies my mom makes every year.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Hanging our stockings. Each member of my family, beginning with my mom, has a handmade stocking with our names knitted into it. Each of them have been made by my great aunt.
17. What tops your Christmas tree?
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I like to see friends and families faces when they open gifts I have given them. I wouldn't be honest if I said I didn't like to receive too though! :)
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Last year, our church put out a Christmas worship album entitled "Ring the Bells." Christy Nockels from Watermark recorded a song that is on the album, it's called "Angel's Lullaby" It's about the angels singing when Jesus was born. This is shameless plug, but you can listen/buy the album by going to www.fbctn.org.
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
21. What do you want for Christmas?
I have had the hardest time this year coming up with a list of things. I told my mom and sister the other day that I would like/need some maternity undies (to be honest I didn't even know they made them!). I thought about whether or not I would be embarrassed opening them up on Christmas but then I realized that I would be more embarrassed if the elastic in the ones I have now shot out in public.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's?
We dress casual for the Christmas Eve service but then come straight home and get comfy in our jammies!
24. Do you own a Santa hat.
No, and don't plan on it.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
Usually with my family in Ohio. We stay at my sister's house and my parents come over for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Next year there will be someone else with us!
Now I get to tag 5 people:
Shell in Your Pocket
Like a Warm Cup of Coffee
Over the Backyard Fence
Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Fill out the questions.
3. Tag 5-7 people at the end of your post.
4. Pass on the tag!