My sister, Christy, was recently tagged to list 10 things she loves using a particular letter. I was afraid that she might assign me "Q" so I hesitated for a day or two before relenting. I love posts like this because it gives you a tiny glimpse into bloggers personalities and it's always fun to see what you might have in common! So I emailed her this morning and asked for a letter....She gave me "P."
1. Purple...if we are going to be really specific, I am loving "Lightly Lilac" right now; it's the color we painted the baby's room. It turned out exactly as I had envisioned it.
2. Peanut Butter...this has been a HUGE weakness during this pregnancy. When I say weakness, I mean all I need is a spoon and a jar of Jif. I've been known to make an extra grocery run in the middle of the week just so I can get my fix.
3. Poppyseed Chicken...a family favorite for sure. Before I moved to TN, I would go over to Christy's house on Wednesday nights/Poppyseed Chicken Night for the stuff. We actually had it last night and I'm so glad there are leftovers! It's so yummy!
4. Prenatal appointments...I love going to the doctor to hear my little girl's heartbeat. I have one more 2 week appointment and then we are in the final stretch and I get to go every week. In fact, I went yesterday and her head is down and the doctor said she wouldn't be surprised if I have already started to dilate a bit and I go early.
5. Pretty books...okay, I do judge a book by it's cover. If it has a pretty cover, then I'll pick it up for sure.
6. Pajamas (aka "jammies")...I love getting a new pair of jammies and love even more winding down at night and getting comfortable.
7. Planning...I feel the need to have a plan. I like to know when, where, why and how. I can be spontaneous as long as I know what is going to happen! :)
8. the Pelts...my sister, Steve, Jessica, Samuel and Benjamin. The most beautiful family I know which consists of the most amazing mother and friend, a kind and gentle husband, a beautiful and generous daughter, a quiet, yet, loving middle child and a wild, funny little brother.
9. Pedicures...I need to get one before "she" arrives. I'm going to be really embarrassed in the hospital if I don't.
10. Purposeful Living...I have learned over the course of the past year that this life is not about me; it's about Who I live for. If I'm not doing that, I'm not living; I'm existing, going day to day with no purpose. With every day that passes and as we prepare to meet our little girl, I want nothing more than to live each day with purpose. What am I doing and Who am I doing it for? I want to be the best daughter of the King I can be. If I'm doing that, then my other responsibilities and relationships will benefit, especially with my husband and my daughter.
Want a letter? Let me know in your comment and I'll send one your way!