Friday, October 8, 2010

Random Thoughts

1. This past week we picked 7 POUNDS of jalapeno peppers. Yes, that is right, 7 POUNDS! That is what happens when you neglect your garden for 2 weeks and assume that because you haven't gone out to check on it, nothing is growing. That assumption would be wrong. I made some of these. They turned out really, really good. You can't go wrong with something that has both "cowboy" and "candy" in the name.

2. We picked the same amount of cherry tomatoes. Again, the assumption was wrong. I now have enough oven dried tomatoes to last me for several months. You can throw them in any dish and they make it yummy.

3. Why do I always run out of shampoo before conditioner? Every time.

4. Did you know that Trader Joe's has an honor system for their returns? If you are not satisfied with a product, all you have to do the next time you shop there is pick up a replacement of the item, take it to the register and tell them it's a replacement for a previous purchase. No receipt needed. No questions asked.

5. Do you watch Parenthood? We do. We love it.

6. Speaking of TV, we usually watch the local ABC channel for local news. Mike turned on the TV yesterday morning and it was turned on to the NBC station. He said, "I feel like I'm cheating on Jeff Ray, I need to turn the channel." I think we have a co-dependent relationship with our weather man.

7. Can someone answer this for me...what is it with the skinny jean craze?

8. Mike was working on the drains for the bathroom. He found a snake carcass. There isn't enough space in blogland to share with you the horrific scenarios that went through my mind thinking that the snake could have slithered up the drain, into the toilet...you can imagine the rest.

9. It's fall and that means pumpkin recipes. I already have a few picked out that I'm excited to try.

10. Speaking of food, if you like Chicken Noodle Soup, please try the Lady's Chicken Noodle Soup. I promise it will make you happy. It's a fall/winter menu staple in our house. I leave out the cream and don't miss it one bit.

11. Someone special has a BIG birthday coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm so excited that I get to share in the celebration with her.

12. I don't have any more thoughts. I just don't like to end with an odd number. Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

RN and OSHP said...

The snake thing would do me in, I would wanting to move. Hope you never see traces of a snake again! I always buy 2 bottles of shampoo to 1 bottle of conditioner because I always use the shampoo first too!

Kristen said...

Love your random thoughts!
We too love to watch Parenthood... I find it a hoot! The snake... YIKES! Of course that comes on the other side of us having a baby possum (alive) in our ductwork under the house - running around like he was living in a giant habitrail!
We too picked a bunch of cherry toms (I gave them away) and a ton of peppers! I want to make some jelly, but I will probably end up freezing them!!

Thanks for the Trader Joe's tip! I love TJ's and wish I didn't have to drive to the north side of town to shop!;)

Hope you get some fall temps soon! We've been enjoying them (sans yesterday - it was 88 degrees in Indy) :0)