Thursday, July 17, 2008

Donuts, Creme Brulee and Artichoke Chicken

We hit a little snafu last night. We decided to start the hardwood adventure in the laundry area. As Mike was nailing the baseboards back on we hit a copper pipe in the wall. I guess that is why they call them "hidden pipes." As water was leaking onto our new floors, Mike ran out and turned the water off. It stayed off. Until this morning. I'll save you the details of us washing our hands and faces and brushing our teeth with leftover water from a thermos Mike had taken to work. So, with the water being off, I couldn't have my coffee this morning, all ready to go for me by the time I got up. I love coffee machines with automatic timers! So, with no coffee, a decision had to be made.
After retrieving a new copper pipe from Lowe's, Mike mentioned that he could "sweat the pipes" if he had a blowtorch. I'm no plumber, and neither is Mike, but in his handiness, he soldered the pipes together and fixed it (I know that word doesn't look right, but I looked it up and that's the right spelling. I wanted to spell it "sauder"). Anyway, who knew that my Creme Brulee Torch Set from Williams Sonoma would come in handy on a day like today!

The pipe has been fixed and the floors are in! I'll have pictures tomorrow.

While he was finishing up, I fixed us some dinner--Artichoke Chicken.

I almost wanted to spread a blanket out on my new floor and have a picnic.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we lived closer so we could hit up Dunkin' Donuts together. You need to try the iced coffee!

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see your laundry room! I'm usually scared of dark colors too but we get so much light in the dining room that I knew it wouldn't be a problem. We actually don't even have an overhead light in our living room because it gets so much light. I like lamp light anyway. :)

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! Just the idea of using a culinary torch to solder some plumbing pipes...that's hysterical! And quite impressive and creative...sounds all MacGyver-y! haha! ("Let's see...I'm gonna need that creme brulee torch from the kitchen...")

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for checking out my blog. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your twins. There really are no other words. Only God knows.

Relating to this post, my husband loves artichokes, could you point me to where I could get the recipe for this?? I have a contact button on my site www.thepipers.wordpress.com

Thanks!